Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon
Here at Westmorland Veterinary Group we take pride in offering a friendly and supportive work environment whilst striving to provide the highest level of patient and client care. Once a mixed practice, Westmorland Veterinary Group is now a thriving two site practice with separate farm and small animal teams. Our team have a variety of experience, from student nurses and new graduate vets to those with over 30 years of experience.
We currently have vets with certificates in cardiology and surgery, and further education and qualifications are actively encouraged here. We are well equipped with digital x-ray including AI technology, endoscopy, ultrasound machines, multi-parameter anaesthetic monitoring and a well-equipped in house laboratory.
We are looking for an experienced veterinary surgeon, preferably with an interest in orthopaedic surgery; however this is not essential. You will be enthusiastic, motivated and have a passion for client and patient care.
A full time position is available, working four days per week. You would be based at our Kirkby Lonsdale practice, with occasional cover at Kendal. We currently cover our own out of hours, however this is in the process of changing and we would be happy to discuss this further.
Salary up to 65k pro rata, DOE.
Benefits (subject to Pro Rata):
- CPD paid days and generous allowance
- 6.6 weeks holiday with increasing holiday based on length of service
- Enhanced family –friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy paid.
- Birthday leave
- Vitality Health Insurance
- VDS cover
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Various discounts including retail & gym membership
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Service-related company sick pay
- Initiatives focussed on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career Progression
- L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy