Gerard Winnard BVet Med Cert VC MRCVS:
Gerard has a particular interest in cardiology and respiratory medicine. He regularly sees referral cases from surrounding vets that he can investigate fully with our state of the art equipment.
Services offered include:
- Digital radiography
Ultrasonography of the abdomen and assessment of hepatic portal system
- Electrocardiogram (ECG) including holter monitor 24hr recording
- Blood pressure monitoring
- Blood testing for certain hormone or electrolyte imbalances
- Echocardiography with colour flow
- To record accurate measurements of the various chambers of the heart and associated blood vessels
- To allow analysis of the blood flow through and structure of the heart valves
- To identify abnormalities in the function and contraction of the heart
- To identify abnormalities in the pericardium.
Referring vets - Please contact the Kendal surgery to arrange an appointment to see Gerard tel: 01539 722692
If you would like advice on any cardiorespiratory cases or help interpreting radiography or ECG readings Gerard will be happy to help wherever possible.